Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thankful for my family

Today I am thankful for my family (our little boy and my husband).  I am thankful everyday but just wanted to post about it today :).  Our little guy is so adorable.  I can't get enough of him.  I have 12 weeks off work but I'm already thinking about how difficult it will be to transition back.  He makes the funniest faces.  He's even cute when he's being fussy and crying.  Gosh I love being a mother to this little guy.  I also love being a wife to my husband (who has been very helpful, by the way).  Hubby is extremely helpful during the weekends as he doesn't work most weekends.  During the weekdays I try to let him get some sleep so that he can function at work.  I feel very blessed to have my big guy and my little guy. 

Hubby is so thoughtful.  I was thinking today about some of the sweet things he does.  He'll sometimes (not all the time, lol) get me flowers or a card just because.  I really appreciate this but what I like most is when he gets me other thoughtful "just because" gifts.  He'll get me a comfy sweater or reaaaallllly nice, soft socks or workout pants.  I like that he thinks about me even when he's out trying to get something for himself.  He's always been this way, even before we were married.  

I know that our lives will no longer be the same but we are excited about all that is to come.  I pray that God will continue to bless our family as we grow.

Mrs. K

13 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet post, may God please your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely great to take time out during our busy day to be thankful. I am glad you are enjoying motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going well and there is no better feeling than blessed!! Enjoy your new transition dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are blessed to have such a loving husband and a sweet baby boy. Enjoy all your time with your precious little one. Seems like you've made the transition from being a wife to now being a wife and a mommy quite well. Kudos for finding the balance...I can sense your happiness in this post...it makes me all the more happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Can't wait to see pics of little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!! But umm... you know I'm mad at you right?! WHERE THE PICS AT BOO!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! definitely a lot of brownie points and I hope Mr. K gets to read this :) Babies are so much fun and when both partners are ready it brings even more joy, and challenges you on so many levels. But everyday it reminds me how big our hearts are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. Can't wait to see pics of your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. congrats babe...! Didnt visit for couple of months and you have a baby! How awesome is that???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please post some pics of Abby's future hubby. By the way, Abby wants me to tell you to tell her future hubby that she would like another Buy Buy Baby play date soon since she had so much fun meeting you and baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS on your baby boy! I just can't wait to see photos! And yes, oh I love love and the love I feel in our family!

    I'm so glad you're having a blast! I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments lady. Will post pix soon. I have to get them on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Appreciate it ladies.
    Monique: Still trying to find the balance. It's important for me to not be completely consumed by him and neglect my marriage. Working hard on that...he's just so darn cute :)
    Dan: You are hilarious. Hopefully you're not mad anymore. LOL.
    Nenyewa: I tell Mr. K this too :)
    Amy: We need a date anywhere SOON. lol.
    Keya, Redbabe, Mrs. Pancakes, Funmi, Toi and Jen: thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails