Thursday, August 15, 2013

Post pregnancy body

So my baby  is no longer a baby.  He's my baby but he's a toddler.  He's 18 months old.  I have no excuse.  I breastfed for 9 months and pumped for another 2 months.  While breastfeeding I lost a lot weight pretty quickly.  At 8 weeks I was feeling pretty good about my postpartum body.  It wasn't perfect but it was heading in the right direction.  I started walking pretty quickly after I delivered but that ended as soon as I went back to work.  I went back to work after 12 weeks and since then I've been inconsistent with my nutrition and exercise.  For exercise I've done some Insanity here and there but nothing consistent (which is very much unlike me).  I've gone to the gym and running a few times but nothing consistent.  Our gym is actually great.  There are personal trainers, free classes, a pool, hot tub, sauna, and CHILD CARE.   I've never used the child care because I feel terrible dropping him off so I can workout, especially when I work full time and he's in the care of someone else.  

For nutrition, there was a time period where I ate whatever the heck I wanted.  About 1 month ago I weighed myself at the gym (and was not happy) and needless to say I've been working out consistently since then.  For the past 2 weeks my nutrition has been so much better.  I've been using MyFitness Pal app to track my calories.  It helps me to think twice before stuffing my face.  I've been eating so much better.  Well, I weighed myself today and was disappointed.  My weight is the exact same.  I'm one of those people who doesn't usually gain or lose weight quickly.  This infuriates me because I've been working hard (exercising) for the past month.  I'm also one of those people who start feeling better about my body when I eat healthy and exercise.  I thought I looked better (even if it's in my mind) and I still think I do although the scale isn't reflecting that.  I guess I have to just keep trying.

I'm surprised that I've lost my tummy, although it's not toned.  I thought it would be hardest to lose but it's actually my back and thigh fat.  LOL.  I'm still going to keep trying.  I still plan to work out most days of the week (at least 4 days) at the gym.  This includes elliptical machine, light weight lifting, abs.  I also plan to sprinkle some occasional Insanity workouts in there.  I plan to be more consistent with my running.  I have a running buddy and we plan to run on one weekend day and one weekday at least.  We have a 5K that we will be running on 9/14/13.  I can run it without problems but I want to make a good time.

Anyway, my overall goal is to obtain a "good" healthy body before my next pregnancy.  I'll keep you updated. I may never look like this again:

 

but I'll try to come close.  I think I can do it.  I'll post pictures some time.  What did you do to get fit?

Mrs. K

9 comments:

  1. I think you'll be back there so soon! The thing I remember from before was that when you put your mind to something you did it. I remember how you killed it with Insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow..i can't believe it's been almost two years since your little man was born. i agree with Faith about when you did insanity...i am sure you are far more along than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you looked amazing before and I am sure you can get back to it. You seem motivated and not only you want to eat well and workout, that's a recipe for success.

    Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the looks of your pre baby pic you have an athletic build which means that you probably tone up easier. I'm kinda built that way. Just stick with it. Sometimes it takes the scale a while to catch up with what's going on but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments ladies.
    Faith: I hope you're right. I can't believe I did all 63 days in a row with Insanity and now I can't do more than a week at a time because I'm so tired.
    Mrs. Pancakes: Time sure has flown. It's so amazing. I see that you're enjoying your little one too
    Pegster: Thanks girl! I appreciate the encouragement.
    Cece: I do tone up easy but I hate it when the scale doesn't change but I think you're right, it may take some time for it to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on a good roll until I went back to work 2 months ago, then my workouts stopped. Your post has motivated me to get back on the horse. we should push each other to keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a yummy mummy. You look great. Hopefully some of your motivation will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just believe you can and you will. :) I didn't even bother with the scale. Just make healthy lifestyle a routine then it will come naturally. But you know what, I m somewhat sort of proud with the post preg pouch. It is a reminder of a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments ladies.
    Teresha: I'll stop by to motivate you once in a while :)
    Amy: You are so sweet. You can do it too but in all fairness it's not since I've had more time lately that I've been more committed.
    Redbabe: I saw that you slimmed down pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails