Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's on my mind?

Lots, but to name a few:

--I'm excited about running a 5K in two weeks with my running bud.  We've ran a few times over the past weeks in preparation for it and I think we'll do fine.  It's on September 14 but what I'm looking forward to most is running the 10K in the future.  It'll be fun to have hubby and my little boy waiting at the finish line for us.

--I love my husband and our son so much.  My husband is hilarious and he keeps it light and airy in our household.  He's the comical one and I'm definitely the more "serious one."  Although I'm not THAT serious.  But our son even realizes that he's the cool one.  He still prefers me but he goes to his dad when he wants to have fun. Ha!  Our son is such a great mixture of my husband and I (personality wise).  He is so much fun!  I could just eat him up.  That little booger told me a few days ago "no no go away" while I was kissing his face and fixing his hair.  He's only 18 months!  I could not believe it.

--Studying for my Boards right now sucks.  It's a necessary evil.  I just got done with my training and I have an 8 hour computerized test to take (about all the knowledge I've accumulated in training for the past 5 years).  The test is in less than a month. Yikes!  I'd much rather be doing something else but since I paid $3000 to take the test, I figure I'd better study so I don't fail.  It would really suck to have to pay another $3000.  Actually, what really sucks is that I have to take a second part of this test next year for a similar cost. Yeah!

--So yeah, I'm done with training.  I've been in school my whole life and now I'm finally done for good.  It's an awesome feeling.

--I'm not working right now (for the first time in a long time).  For close to a month I've been somewhat like a stay at home mom.  Well actually not really.  But I haven't been working.  I drop my son off at his home daycare in the mornings around 9am then run and/or exercise at the gym, go home, shower, pack lunch then go study, come home, make dinner, then pick up my son around 330pm after he wakes up from his nap.  It's been pretty nice because for the first time I feel very balanced.

--My goal is to get a part time job by January 2014 but for now I'll be enjoying some of the free time I have.  After Boards, I'll start picking up my son earlier so that we can go the library, park or just hang out. I'm looking forward to this

--Before 18 months ago I always thought I'd be working full time in my career but now I'm so content and excited about working part time.  I hate doing a crappy job at...anything.  Whenever I do something I like to do a good job or at least feel good about giving it my all.  I want to be a good wife, a good mom, and a good career woman.  I think that working part time will allow me the opportunity to do that.  I also love that I'll still have some time for myself too. 

 --We will likely be moving some time in the next few months.  It's a little frustrating not knowing when or where.  No we're not a military family--we're just at a crossroads in our lives and we want to do something different.  I know I need to be patient as we wait to hear back from possible job opportunities but it's hard.  I keep reminding myself that God has immensely blessed hubby and I individually and as a couple so I should just wait on him and be PATIENT! :)

--I check my weight in a few weeks (since I only do it once per month).  I think I'm looking fitter but who knows.  The scale may say something different but we'll see.  I do feel good though and I think that means a lot.  I've been eating better and exercising.

--Although I complained some I'm more than thankful to God.

Mrs. K

6 comments:

  1. 3K!! That is an expensive test! But an important one. Good luck! And it's great that you have the time to commit to studying for it. You have such a beautiful family! It didn't even take a pic to make me think that. Your words say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do well on that test! I have a feeling you will because I can imagine spending 3 grand again will hurt.

    Haha, my future kiddos will def think that Sean is the cool one too!

    That's exciting you're running a 5K! I would love to but I'm slightly scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were running a 5k. You go girl! I'm excited for the opportunities ahead for your family, but I will be so sad to see you guys go. At least I'll have an excuse to get out of the area and fly to go see yall! Hopefully before 2/14 so Abby can fly free ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lot going on. It's always so crazy when so many things are in flux but once things settle down a bit you'll be much happier.

    YAY for being a SAHM and running a 5k, what up.

    Good luck with all those upcoming exciting things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cece: Thank you so much about the comment regarding my family. I do truly feel blessed to have them.
    Faith: I think you can run a 5K, I see all the miles you put on the elliptical :)
    Amy: Yup I'm running one. I'm so excited about it. And you know that you can visit anytime :)
    Pegster: I think you're right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5k sounds so hard, I am not a good runner at all. I would love to do a marathon one day, i am going to add it to my list of things to do.

    i like how you are balancing motherhood and studies and taking care of your health. keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails