Wednesday, September 10, 2014

IVK 2-3 months

Happy 3 month Birthday my Little Dollface!

Our little bundle is 3 months old.  I can't believe it.  Time does fly.  She gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by.  Gosh I love that little girl.  I can't get enough of her gummy smile and those cute little dimples.

She's so into her surroundings.  She's very inquisitive and wants to know what's going on around her.  She's also super smiley.  She wakes up so happy in the morning (something I'm not used to--big bro was a grouch when he wakes up, much like his momma).  She doesn't cry, she just kicks around and makes sweet noises.  When we go to see her she gets excited, smiles and flails all 4 extremities.

My Little Dollface is a pretty good sleeper.  Once down (by 830pm) she wakes up once at night to eat then goes back down and doesn't awake until 730-8.  Naps are still short but she takes about 3-4  per day.  She's still awesome at nursing although she spits up a lot.  She's a happy spitter.  I've been pumping this month because I know she will start childcare soon.  We've been giving her a bottle at night before bed (which is good because that's one less worry about transitioning to daycare)

As I said, she's super social and smiley.  She knows me, her dad and her brother.  She also smiles for others too and doesn't have much stranger anxiety yet.  She's still pretty quiet in church too.  Overall she's pretty laid back although she has her fussy moments--mostly later in the day or when tired or hungry or need a diaper change.  When mad, she's feisty.  She may be tiny but she's a tough girl.  She has one of the loudest screams I've ever heard.  Wow!

She has pretty good head control AND can move her head to look around without problems.  There's not much need to support her head anymore although we are careful about this.  She rolls over on her side but not all the way.  She likes to look at mobiles or anything you dangle in front of her.  She also likes to hold things in her hands.  She loooves her fingers and seem to prefer them over the pacifier lately.

I'm pretty impressed that she's demonstrated some ability to self soothe.  In the middle of the night right after I feed her, if I put her down and she wakes up--she whines for about a minute then goes to sleep.  She loves to "talk."  It really seems like she's talking.  Just lots of cooing and seems to  pause when we talk to her.  IT's really neat and sweet.

She loves baths but screams like mad as she gets taken out.  Her big brother loves her and is still very protective of her.  He's also very sensitive to her and tries to comfort her when she's upset.  Cara is still the main baby she hangs out with.  We've done a few more trips this month and I'm amazed by how flexible she is.  We did two trips which required us staying in a hotel and she did great.  She did well for the car rides (longest 3 hours) and well in the hotels too AND awesome on the hikes.  I think she'll be a nature girl like her mama, papa and big brother.

I just feel so blessed to have her.  I couldn't ask for more.  I look forward to watching her grow and learn and explore.  Can't wait...well, yes I can.  I don't want her to grow up too quickly now.

Mrs. K

5 comments:


  1. 3 months is such a good age, heck who am I kidding, every age is such a good age.

    I always enjoy reading about other babies milestones and how they are growing. You guys seem to be adjusting so well to life with 2. It is such a blessing.

    Dimples are so adorable, pics please :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pegster, I so agree with you. Every age is wonderful. I feel incredibly blessed. I'm just enjoying every moment (well most moments) with my little boogers. And I know, I need to put pics. I'm so terrible at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... she sounds like the most precious baby girl ever! Such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see those dimples! She sounds like the sweetest! Love that you call her doll face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like ive missed ur entire life. Off to binge read and catch up like a true stalker.

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails