Friday, December 3, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Update

I know I've been MIA for some time now.  I'm still trying to recover from the turkey coma.  Here's a recap.

1) Thanksgiving with the in-laws turned out great as I anticipated.  The food was yummy.  I didn't overeat (too much).  It was different from Thanksgiving with my family but that was alright.  The dogs did good on the 6 hours drive there and back.  On Thanksgiving day they kept breaking out of the crate to join the festivities.  It was so much fun hanging out with my husband's family.  They are hilarious.  I spent a lot of time with his adorable nieces and nephews too.  Kids are so adorable pre-teen.  One of his nephews (who is 5--almost 6) asked me if we had any children yet.  I busted out laughing and asked my husband and his mom if they told him to ask me that.  They didn't.
Some of the food served
2) There was no Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping for me.  I did get a few things but I didn't camp out hours before.  I strolled in the stores around noon when most people were finishing up with their shopping. I don't think I'll ever do the Black Friday thing.  I love sleeping and I'm also freaked out by the thought of being trampled by some eager shoppers.  One of my purchases that I'm happy about was the dress that I got for the Christmas party at my husband's work.  It's so cute.  I'm sure I'll share it on a future post.

3) I have not done any P90X or other workout since the day before Thanksgiving.  Although my goal is to workout most days out of the week I didn't feel too bad.  My Insanity workout video came in the mail and I plan to start it Monday.  I know it will kick my booty so I don't mind slacking for a few days.  Once I start I plan to stay committed to it.  I'm excited about it but also nervous.

4) I finally sewed a few things.  My husband's genius sister (who is pregnant with twins by the way) figured out how to use my ancient sewing machine.  She taught me a lot.  I finally was able to sew without jamming the machine.  I made a cell phone cover (which I probably won't use) and a tiny pillow. Yay!  I feel so accomplished. 

5) I almost forgot.  My honey and I went to the UF vs FSU football game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We lost miserably.  It was so disappointing.  This was a huge rivalry and our first loss (to FSU) in six years.  Our entire season has been crappy so it wasn't such a hard blow.  It would have been worse if we had a good season then lost to them.


Anyway, that's it for now.  I have a Christmas party to go to for my work today.  Should be fun.  Will let you know more about it after.  I love getting dressed up and going to social events!

Mrs. K

11 comments:

  1. Great that you had an awesome thanksgiving and kudos to your sis-in-law for helping you figure out the sewing machine... looking forward to seeing pictures of your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks delish! People have been posting all their pics from Thanksgiving and whenever I see them my mouth starts watering!! I think I'll make soemthing small but delish for myself and my daughter for X-Mas! Whoa Whoa Insanity?! Giiirl, check you out! So you've already done P90X? I have heard of both and both seriously scare me! I've just started my fitness journey w/ walking 3 miles a day and have the program Chalean Extreme and Turbo Jam, but its hard to schedule them in! I would def like to try Insanity but dont think its good for beginners! Do let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the Thanksgiving pictures of food too! Glad you enjoyed your visit with the husband's family! :)

    Good luck on the P90X if you do it (I've not seen the Insanity workouts but have heard about them). We did P90X for a short time. It's definitely some serious workouts and you DO get results (my body felt SO good afterwards!). Post your results if you do. We have it on our home server and I think I may do it again (especially with all the holiday poundage I've gained - LOL!)

    Let's get ready for Christmas! yeeeeaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks good. Glad you had a good time with the in-laws. Your sister-n-law is having twins. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your SIL on the twins! My BFF just had twins in August. They are a precious HANDFUL! *lol* Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. I can't wait to start using my Xbox Kinect with Zumba and Dance Central to get my workout on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back! i missed your post! :)

    the food spread looks amazing! so awesome that you got some pointers on how to use your sewing machine ... are you already thinking about all the fun things you could make?

    i def. need to get back into shape! i am hoping that after the holidays (haha) i can really get into it again!

    and twins!?! that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will like the Insanity workout. Its like 2 a day football practices wrapped up into 45 minutes. I burn close to 800 calories during each workout. This will help you burn off those Thanksgiving calories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by ladies and gent.
    Miss A: Miss A I was going to post a pic of the phone cover I made but I didn't maybe next time. I can't wait to start sewing more things.
    MommyGlow: I did P90X for a few weeks and it was hard but I want something that will totally kick my butt. LOL. Congrats on starting your fitness journey--keep at it.
    Rania: I agree that one's body does feel great after a good work out. I'll try to post my results. I don't think I'll look much different but I hope I'll be more fit overall.
    Keya: yes she is. The whole family is so excited. It also gives my husband and I a break from everyone asking us about when we will be having babies. LOL
    Mrs.TDJ: Good luck on with your workout. I've heard about Zumba but I don't know what it is. I'll google it I guess.
    Faith: You're so sweet.
    Brad: thanks for dropping by. That actually sounds more scary ("2 a day football practices"). Wow, 800 calories. I've never burned 800 calories in one workout I don't think. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great thanksgiving. The food looks delicious. I have been a total slacker on the workout front. It's super cold here but that's no excuse. Let us know how insanity works out. I have a few friends that love it and are super fit.
    A pillow and a cell phone case...wow, you're getting there! Congrats to your SIL.

    Hope you had fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see all the things you make with your sewing machine.

    6 hours there and back??? Wow. Dedication. Though, I guess I might have done the same thing - maybe. :)

    And I hope we get to see a pic of your new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monique: the cold limits me too but I'm really liking this workout at home thing (surprisingly).
    Jamie: I also can't wait to see all the things I make. Hopefully it will be more than just a cell phone case and pillow. And yes I'm sure I'll post a pic of my dress (if my camera doesn't break again).

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails