I know I've been MIA for some time now. I'm still trying to recover from the turkey coma. Here's a recap.
1) Thanksgiving with the in-laws turned out great as I anticipated. The food was yummy. I didn't overeat (too much). It was different from Thanksgiving with my family but that was alright. The dogs did good on the 6 hours drive there and back. On Thanksgiving day they kept breaking out of the crate to join the festivities. It was so much fun hanging out with my husband's family. They are hilarious. I spent a lot of time with his adorable nieces and nephews too. Kids are so adorable pre-teen. One of his nephews (who is 5--almost 6) asked me if we had any children yet. I busted out laughing and asked my husband and his mom if they told him to ask me that. They didn't.
|Some of the food served|
2) There was no Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping for me. I did get a few things but I didn't camp out hours before. I strolled in the stores around noon when most people were finishing up with their shopping. I don't think I'll ever do the Black Friday thing. I love sleeping and I'm also freaked out by the thought of being trampled by some eager shoppers. One of my purchases that I'm happy about was the dress that I got for the Christmas party at my husband's work. It's so cute. I'm sure I'll share it on a future post.
3) I have not done any P90X or other workout since the day before Thanksgiving. Although my goal is to workout most days out of the week I didn't feel too bad. My Insanity workout video came in the mail and I plan to start it Monday. I know it will kick my booty so I don't mind slacking for a few days. Once I start I plan to stay committed to it. I'm excited about it but also nervous.
4) I finally sewed a few things. My husband's genius sister (who is pregnant with twins by the way) figured out how to use my ancient sewing machine. She taught me a lot. I finally was able to sew without jamming the machine. I made a cell phone cover (which I probably won't use) and a tiny pillow. Yay! I feel so accomplished.
5) I almost forgot. My honey and I went to the UF vs FSU football game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We lost miserably. It was so disappointing. This was a huge rivalry and our first loss (to FSU) in six years. Our entire season has been crappy so it wasn't such a hard blow. It would have been worse if we had a good season then lost to them.
Anyway, that's it for now. I have a Christmas party to go to for my work today. Should be fun. Will let you know more about it after. I love getting dressed up and going to social events!