Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day saved by one fine man and some yummy popcorn

Yesterday started off somewhat rough but ended pretty well.  So let me start from the beginning.  I have to take this yearly exam every October for training/work.  I have known about this exam since forever because I have taken it every October (for the past 3 years).  Although it's in my field each year, the questions are different. 

Each year I take it I vow that I will study extremely hard for it the next year.  I usually walk out of the test saying "wow, that wasn't so bad.  If had studied I would have done great."  Let me just say that this is not a test that you just study the night before for.  It would take months of preparation.  Needless to say, being the procrastinator that I am I don't prepare in advance.  It's difficult for me to prepare for something that seems soooo far away!

Anyway, I woke up early the morning of the test and tried to cram some facts in my brain.  I "overstudied" (meaning I wasn't paying attention to the time and was almost late for the test).  That would not have been good.  I took the first part, had a break, then took the second part.  Wait, I failed to mention is that I got a visit from mother nature during the first part of the test (which really sucked) and I was cramping so much during the second part.

When the test was over I could hardly wait to get home to see my honey.  All I could think about was getting home and giving him a big hug.  It's so good to have a way to de-stress after a  challenging day.  On my way home by husband text me to not stop to look around the house when I got home.  He told me to go straight upstairs.  I figure he had something up his sleeve but I didn't know what it was.

He arrived home and I was so happy to see him.  When I got downstairs he showed me a huge can of popcorn.  I got even happier.  This was not just any popcorn.  This was gourmet popcorn from Garrett's in Chicago.  It is so good.  We visited Chicago for the first time for a friend's wedding this past May and we overindulged in the popcorn.  I don't even like popcorn that much but this is not your regular popcorn.  We loved it so much we even brought some back  (2 large bags) on the airplane with us.

I have been meaning to have my friend send us some and I drool every time I visit Garrett's website.  I never got around to asking her (of course not, I'm a procrastinator and I'm forgetful).  And I never ordered from their website because it's expensive including shipping.  I remember my honey asking me a few weeks ago what I thought about him wasting $61 on something.  I told him that it was fine especially since both of us work our butt's off.  At the time I didn't know what he was buying.

I am so glad he got that popcorn.  After a challenging day I had my favorite man and my favorite popcorn.   What a great ending!

Picture credit



Mrs. K

8 comments:

  1. awww that's sweet of him! i wonder what your field and tests are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sssdawna, thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. I visited your page and it's pretty neat...I'm your newest follower (so far). I was unable to leave a comment on your posts so I am leaving it here--sorry! I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. K I hope you did well on your test and what a tough day with cramps and all. You have such a supportive husband. Wow! What a sweetheart. You deserve that yummy popcorn after the crazy day you had. Glad the day ended better than it started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sensitive and thoughtful Husband you have. Am sure you enjoyed the Popcorn, too.
    Hope you are feeling better and that all cramps are now away on Holiday. Have a nicew Sunday and a happy week;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I posted the awards you gave me and wrote a little snippet about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All's well that ends well! Your husband is very thoughtful, and talk about superb timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments ladies. My husband is a sweetie...most of the time ;). LOL
    Monique: I won't find out the results from my test until Jan/Feb 2011. And thanks again for your very sweet words. I was surprised how well you know me :)
    Fashion: I did enjoy that popcorn. As I ate I kept debating if cheddar or caramel was better--couldn't come to a conclusion--it's a tie.
    T: yes that was great timing. It was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a never ending story. Come next year, it will still be "if I have work a tad bit harder, I would do better"...lols...

    Anyway, an evening like that, is always a good closure to a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete

I gladly welcome your comments/questions/requests/ suggestions. You may leave them here at any time. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails